10 Tips: What Does Dizziness Mean10 Tips: What Does Dizziness Mean https://frontlineerdallas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/FRNTL-14-1024x680.jpg 1024 680 admin admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/3c2803a16d8c10d0073b12d4d99c4f1d?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- no comments
10 Tips: What Does Dizziness Mean
When you feeling dizzy it is basically a feeling of being lightheaded, woozy, feeling like the room is spinning and a general feeling of unsteadiness and loss of balance. It is a feeling that is all too familiar to most of us as chances are we have experienced it at one time or the other. There are a number of organs and parts of our bodies that work together as a system to ensure that we maintain our balance from our inner ears, feet, spine, brain among others. As such, it can be difficult to pinpoint exactly what may be behind your dizziness and what it may mean since balance is a matter that combines a number of things. Dizziness can also be as a result of minor and temporary physical issues or it could be a sign of something more sinister. To help you decipher what your dizziness may mean, this article will look to highlight 10 its causes.
- One of the things that your dizziness may mean is vertigo, which is the artificial feeling that you are spinning or the room is tilting or spinning around you. Vertigo is usually a sign that you have issues with your inner ear with such issues including Meniere’s disease, Labyrinthitis among others and as such you should have yourself checked out if you are experiencing vertigo.
- Your dizziness could also mean that you have low blood pressure, especially if it is a sudden, sharp drop of blood pressure which can occur when you stand up too quickly, as is discussed in detail over at frontlineer.com. Low blood pressure can also be as a result of too much blood loss, dehydration, a severe allergic reaction among others and these other causes should be taken seriously.
- Your dizziness may mean that you are suffering from a cardiovascular disease like congestive heart failure among others. Dizziness that is due to cardiovascular disease may also be accompanied by an irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, nausea and vomiting, swelling of your extremities due to buildup of fluid among others and should also always be taken very seriously.
- If you are experiencing dizziness, then it may also be attributed to stress and anxiety. This is because, if you are under stress, the brain releases hormones that affect the cardiovascular and respiratory systems leading to dizziness as is explained in detail over at the excellent frontlineer.com. Anxiety attacks may also either trigger dizziness, or dizziness may be a precursor to an anxiety attack.
- An autoimmune inner ear disease may also be the reason you are experiencing dizziness. Once the word “autoimmune” is thrown in, then you know it means that your own immune system is mistakenly attacking your inner ear. On top of causing hearing loss, this condition has been known to also cause dizziness and as such you should also seek medical attention if you feel like you have it.
- An iron deficiency may also be the reason why you are experiencing dizziness. This is because an iron deficiency can lead to anemia which is a condition, as is explained over at frontlineer.com, that leads to the body not having enough oxygen-rich blood and as such it is easy to see why it may lead to dizziness. If this is reason behind your dizzy spells, you should add more iron-rich foods to your diet as well as consider taking iron supplements.
- Other than low blood, another thing that may be behind your dizzy spells may be low blood sugar levels, or hypoglycemia. If your blood sugar levels fall below the normal levels, then you are likely to suffer from dizzy spells and this can be caused by taking alcohol, skipping meals, hormone imbalances among others.
- You could also be suffering from dizzy spells due to the medication that you are taking. This is because, as per the subject matter experts over at frontlineer.com, there are certain medications that list dizziness as one of the possible side effects. Whenever you are due to begin taking medication such as sedatives, anti-depressants, antibiotics, blood pressure medicine as well as anti-seizure medicine, you should always ask your doctor if dizziness is one of the possible side effects so that you can prepare yourself.
- Yet another thing that your dizziness may mean is that you are suffering from motion sickness, which is something that one suffers as a result of repetitive motion when travelling in a car, airplane or a boat. Such repetitive motion can lead to disruptions in the inner ear hence leading to dizziness and even nausea and vomiting. Motion sickness is also referred to as seasickness when boats are concerned.
- Your dizziness may also mean that you are suffering from early onset signs of a migraine, which can also be accompanied by auras which usually affect your speech, motor control and vision. Dizziness has been known be part and parcel of migraine episodes and this is what your dizzy spell may mean if you usually suffer from such attacks.
The above are some of the tips that we hope will help you get to the bottom of what your dizziness may mean. As usual, if you are looking for more on this and other related topics, then all you have to do is visit the ever reliable frontlineer.com
- Posted In: