10 Ways to Improve Your Heart Health10 Ways to Improve Your Heart Health https://frontlineerdallas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/FRNTL-24.jpg 568 710 admin admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/3c2803a16d8c10d0073b12d4d99c4f1d?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- no comments
10 Ways to Improve Your Heart Health
While there can be no denying the importance of our hearts to our normal body functioning, this importance is usually brought into even sharper focus when you suffer issues and complications with your heart such as heart disease, heart attacks among others. Heart health is important since issues with your heart are usually potentially life-threatening and as such it is heart issues are not ones to be scoffed at. The good news however is that if you want to prevent improve your heart health, then all you have to do is watch and make changes as far as your lifestyle is concerned. Since our hearts work for us nonstop for our whole life from the day we are born, it’s only fair that we take care of it and to that effect, this article will look to highlight 10 tips that will help you improve your heart health.
- One of the ways that can help you improve your heart health is to cut down on saturated fat. This means that you eat less and less of butter, margarine, ghee, fatty meats, dairy fats as well as processed foods. You should also cut off junk food from your diet, such as fries among others. This is because these foods will definitely increase your cholesterol levels which is bad for your heart. You should switch to skimmed milk and low-fat dairy products as well as lean cuts of meat.
- Another thing you can do to ensure that you improve your heart health is to ensure you eat more fruit and veg. This is because fruits and veggies will help increase your potassium levels which will help lower your blood pressure which of course is good for your heart. As is explained by the subject matter experts over at frontlineer.com, those fruits and veggies that are rich in soluble fiber will also help lower your cholesterol levels.
- Other than increasing your fruits and veg intake, another way to improve your heart health is to eat more fish, especially oily fish such as salmon and fresh tuna. This is because, these fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which of course are great for your heart. Given the potential benefits, you might want to switch to oily fish for your protein needs.
- You should also cut back on your alcohol intake if you are to improve your heart health, as per the subject matter experts over at frontlineer.com. Excessive drinking of alcohol can lead to high blood pressure, damage to your heart muscles as well as an abnormal heart rhythm. Therefore, for better heart health, you should cut back on your alcohol and eat the recommended units of alcohol and not more if you must.
- On top of cutting back on alcohol, you should also consider quitting smoking if you are to improve your heart health. Smoking is a major risk factor when it comes to many cardiovascular diseases with smokers also being twice as likely to suffer from a heart attack compared to non-smokers. If you smoke, then giving up smoking is the only way to go if you are to improve your heart health.
- Yet another thing to do if you are looking to improve your heart health is to try and exercise more especially since, as per the gurus over at frontlineer.com, folks who are not active are more likely to have a heart attack than those that do. Try to be active and not a couch potato by doing stuff such as taking walks, cycling to work, participating in sports among others and you will see the benefits as far as your cardiovascular health is concerned.
- Stress has also been linked to poor heart health as it can lead to one to start smoking or to drink more than they should. As such, another way to improve your heart health is to ensure you keep your stress levels in check. Try to be positive about things and try out stress management techniques if you feel stressed and you will see the benefits.
- Watching what you snack on is yet another thing you can do to improve your heart health. Rather than snacking on cookies, cakes and other processed pastries, the subject matter experts over at frontlineer.com recommend grabbing some nuts if you are looking for a snack. Nuts, such as almonds, peanuts, walnuts among others are good for your heart and as such make for good snacking options.
- Reducing your salt intake is yet another way you can improve your heart health. This is because diets that are high on salt are likely tom increase your blood pressure and as such making it more likely that you suffer from heart disease and other unfortunate heart issues. Try to cut down on using slat at the table if you are to improve your heart health.
- Watching your weight is yet another thing you can do to improve your heart health. if you are overweight, then you are at an increased risk of suffering high cholesterol levels which makes heart issues more likely as well as placing you at an increased level of high blood pressure. If you are heavier than you should be, try to lose those extra pounds.
The above are some of the ways through which you can improve your heart health, with more on this and other related topics to be found over at the excellent frontlineer.com
- Posted In: