“I’ve learned from…injury and come back even more humble.”—Troy Polamalu, former NFL player
Injury in the workplace is something to be avoided yet prepared for. And while most workplaces aren’t NFL fields of play, workplace injuries happen everywhere from offices to construction sites to kitchens.
As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, Frontline ER is here to provide both. Included here are some tips as well as some explanation of how we can help when an injury does occur.
Regardless of your industry or business segment, there are some universal ways to avoid injury:
- Educate your employees on proper use of equipment and make them aware of safe workplace practices.
- Have a safety and wellness plan tailored to your company. Set a standard.
- Conduct formal training sessions.
- Engineer your workplace for safe working conditions.
- Have clean and organized work areas and supply and toll areas.
- Understand and monitor where most accidents can (and do) happen in your workplace.
- Provide protection equipment.
- Have adequate staffing levels.
- Inspect and maintain company vehicles.
- Enforce the rules.
- Monitor safety measures.
- Keep track of workplace injuries and incidents.
When accidents and incidents do occur, waste no time in tending to and caring for your employee. Frontline ER is especially skilled in the treatment of a myriad of injuries and is well prepared for the documentation of those injuries for insurance and workman’s compensation requirements.
Frontline ER’s special services include:
- No appointment necessary.
- The same capabilities as a hospital emergency room without the wait.
- Experienced medical staff and emergency physicians certified per DOT regulations.
- Able to provide written reports about the injured employee once the visit is complete.
- Allowance for stays up to 23 hours or overnight.
- Transfer to area hospitals with immediate admission. Transportation partners include ambulance and helicopter services.
It is our top priority to ensure the safe and immediate treatment of your injured employee, with the goal of getting your business back on track faster.
Frontline ER is an acute care emergency room providing healthcare services to the communities we live and work within. Give us a call or contact us through our website should you have more questions about our services.
*Photos courtesy of Unsplash