The Health Benefits of WineThe Health Benefits of Wine https://frontlineerdallas.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Wine-glasses-barrel-1024x681.jpg 1024 681 Neal https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/f4e08e09e94a71aead1a1a2e326a38c8?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Wine, wine, wine. What health benefit can an alcoholic beverage provide to me?
With every May 25th being National Wine Day, what better time to talk about the benefit of sipping your favorite fruit of the vine or press of the grape. In moderation, of course. A few things to consider as benefits of a glass of wine on a regular basis:
- Lower mortality from cardiovascular disease as it dilates one’s arteries and increases blood flow.
- Increased levels of HDL, the good cholesterol, and helps prevent LDL, the bad cholesterol from damaging one’s arteries.
- Protection from several forms of cancer as the phenolic compounds and antioxidants in wine slow and inhibit the growth of the invading cells of cancers including breast, prostate and oral.
- Increases bone mineral density and reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Improved memory and staving off of Alzheimer’s and dementia because of a chemical, resveratrol, that allow for better oxygen and glucose flow in the brain.
- Healthier skin due to the antioxidants and polyphenols that revitalize the skin.
- Weight loss by burning belly fat drinking white wine.
While these are the benefits of drinking wine, we must stress that this is in moderation (usually no more than 1 glass each day for women and 2 glasses per day for men). Keep in mind that every one’s body is different, and one must consider the risks as well as the benefits of consuming any food or beverage.
Prevention is the best medicine in the fight against illness and disease. It is our top priority to ensure the safe and immediate treatment of your illnesses and injuries, with the goal of getting you back on track faster to good health.
Frontline ER is an acute care emergency room providing healthcare services to the communities we live and work within. Give us a call or contact us through our website should you have more questions about our services.
*Photos courtesy of Unsplash